After-Work Beef Pot Roast Dinner
- Main Ingredient: Shoulder Roast
- Servings: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 beef Shoulder Roast boneless or Bottom Round Rump Roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 envelope (0.7 ounces) Italian dressing mix
- 2 large onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup ready-to-serve beef broth
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water Salt and pepper
1. Press dressing mix evenly onto all surfaces of beef pot roast. Place onions and garlic in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker; top with pot roast. Add bell peppers and broth. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 hours or on LOW 8 hours. Add zucchini. Continue cooking, covered, 30 minutes or until pot roast is fork-tender.
2. Remove pot roast and vegetables. Strain cooking liquid; skim fat. Combine 2 cups cooking liquid and cornstarch mixture in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened.
3. Carve pot roast into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with vegetables and gravy.
283 calories; 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 111 mg cholesterol; 579 mg sodium; 13 g carbohydrate; 2.1 g fiber; 38 g protein; 6.2 mg niacin; 0.9 mg vitamin B6; 3.9 mcg vitamin B12; 4.6 mg iron; 43.9 mcg selenium; 11.1 mg zinc; 114.9 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, zinc, iron, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and choline.