Asian Beef and Broccoli Noodle Bowl
- Main Ingredient: Black Canyon® Angus Boneless Beef Shoulder
- Servings: 4
- 1-1/2 Lbs Black Canyon® Angus Boneless Beef Shoulder, Chuck Arm or Blade Steaks, cut 3/4 to 1-inch thick
- 2 Teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- 3 Cups Water, Divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each Oriental or Beef-Flavored Instant Ramen Noodles, Broken Up
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Fresh Ginger
- 4 Cups Broccoli Florets, Cut Into 1 To 1-1/2-Inch Pieces
- Toasted sesame seeds, sliced green onions, chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place beef steaks in stockpot; brown evenly. Pour off drippings.
- Add 1 cup water, seasoning packets from ramen noodles and ginger; Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Remove steaks; keep warm. Add remaining 2 cups water, broccoli and noodles to stockpot; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 4 to 6 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender and noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Carve steaks into thin slices; return to stockpot. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Garnish with toppings, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 408 Calories; 16 g Total Fat (6 g Saturated Fat; 7 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 9 mg Cholesterol; 928 mg Sodium; 31 g Total Carbohydrate; 3.1 g Dietary Fiber; 35 g Protein; 6 mg Iron; 5.2 mg Niacin; 0.4 mg Vitamin B6; 2.9 mcg Vitamin B12; 8.3 mg Zinc; 35.4 mcg Selenium.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Dietary Fiber.