Athenian Meatloaf with Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce
- Servings: 8 servings
- 2 pounds Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons dried Greek seasoning, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat or regular Greek-style yogurt
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine Ground Beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning and salt in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
2. Shape beef mixture into 10 x 4-inch loaf on rack in broiler pan. Bake in 350ºF oven 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, until instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F.
3. Meanwhile, combine yogurt, cucumber and remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons Greek seasoning in medium bowl. Season with salt, as desired. Set aside.
4. Let stand 10 minutes; cut into slices. Serve with cucumber-yogurt sauce.
(using 96% lean Ground Beef): 187 calories; 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 0 g monounsaturated fat); 95 mg cholesterol; 313 mg sodium; 6 g carbohydrate; 0.4 g fiber; 26 g protein; 5.5 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 2.3 mcg vitamin B12; 3.0 mg iron; 20.9 mcg selenium; 5.5 mg zinc; 100.4 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of vitamin B6, iron and choline.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Cook's Tip: To make soft bread crumbs, place torn bread in food processor or blender container. Cover; pulse on and off, to form fine crumbs. One and one-half slices make about 1 cup crumbs.