BBQ Beef Skillet with Cornbread
- Main Ingredient: NatureSource® Beef Bottom Round, Boneless Chuck Arm or Blade Steaks,
- Servings: 4
- 1-1/2 Pounds NatureSource® Beef Bottom Round, Boneless Chuck Arm or Blade Steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 Cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1 Large onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- Cornbread or corn muffins
- Combine barbecue sauce with water. Pour barbecue sauce mixture in large skillet. Add steaks. Separate onions into rings and add to skillet. Bring barbecue mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Remove steaks; keep warm. Increase heat and bring mixture to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Carve steaks into thin slices. Serve with sauce and cornbread.
Nutrition information per serving: 218 Calories; 7 g Total Fat (2 g Saturated Fat; 3 g Monounsaturated Fat); 72 mg Cholesterol; 546 mg Sodium; 12 g Total Carbohydrate; 1.3 g Dietary Fiber; 28 g Protein; 2.9 mg Iron; 5.4 mg Niacin; 0.5 mg Vitamin B6; 1.5 mcg Vitamin B12; 4.8 mg Zinc; 31.3 mcg Selenium.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Iron.