Beef and Kale Queso Fundido
- Main Ingredient: NatureSource® Beef
- Servings: 8
- 8 Ounces cooked (leftover) NatureSource® Beef Pot Roast, finely chopped, (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 Can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 Cup beer
- 2 Cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Cup finely chopped kale leaves
- Tortilla chips, celery sticks, carrot sticks, apple slices, pita wedges, toasted baguette slices
- Combine tomatoes and beer in medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Meanwhile, toss cheese with cornstarch until coated.
- Reduce heat to low; cook 3 to 6 minutes, adding cheese mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, and stirring constantly until cheese is melted. Do not boil.
- Stir in beef and kale; continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes or until beef is heated through, stirring frequently. Pour into serving dish. Serve immediately with serving suggestions, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 209 Calories; 14 g Total Fat (7 g Saturated Fat; 5 g Monounsaturated Fat); 59 mg Cholesterol; 365 mg Sodium; 5 g Total Carbohydrate; 1 g Dietary Fiber; 16 g Protein; 1.4 mg Iron; 3.9 mg Niacin; 0.1 mg Vitamin B6; 1 mcg Vitamin B12; 2.8 mg Zinc; 12.1 mcg Selenium; 37.1 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Niacin, and Zinc; and a good source of Vitamin B12, and Selenium.