Beef Fajita Skillet with Pico De Gallo
- Main Ingredient: NatureSource® Beef Flank, Top Sirloin or Top round Steak
- Servings: 4
- 1 pound beef flank, top sirloin or top round steak, cut 1-inch thick
- Pico de Gallo (recipe follows)
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced bell pepper, any color
- 1/2 medium white onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 small whole wheat tortillas (about 6-inch diameter), warmed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground chipotle chile pepper
- Prepare pico de gallo. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut beef flank lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1-inch wide strips. Combine beef and rub ingredients in large bowl; toss to coat evenly.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add bell pepper, onion and jalapeño; stir-fry 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in same skillet until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and beef.
- Return all beef and vegetables to skillet. Season with salt, as desired. Serve beef mixture in tortillas; top with pico de gallo.
Pico de gallo: Combine ¾ cup chopped tomatoes, ¼ cup chopped white onion, 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, 2 teaspoons minced jalapeño pepper, 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice in medium bowl. Season with salt, as desired.
Cook's Tip: A twelve-inch cast iron pan may be substituted for large nonstick skillet. Cooking times will remain the same.