Beef Filet with Warm Mushroom Tomato Salad
- Main Ingredient: Black Canyon® Angus Beef Tenderloin Steaks
- Servings: 4
- 4 Black Canyon® Angus Beef Tenderloin Steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups assorted wild mushrooms (such as cremini, oyster, shiitake, enoki and morel)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups red and/or yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons champagne or white wine vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup mixed baby salad greens
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms and 1 teaspoon garlic; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and browned. Remove to medium bowl; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, Combine remaining 2 teaspoons garlic and thyme. Press evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks in same skillet over medium heat; cook 10 to 13 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove to platter.
- Add tomatoes, salad greens and vinaigrette to mushrooms; toss lightly to coat.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with salad.
Nutrition information per serving: 273 Calories; 14 g Total Fat (3 g Saturated Fat; 5 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 67 mg Cholesterol; 182 mg Sodium; 8 g Total Carbohydrate; 2.4 g Dietary Fiber; 27 g Protein; 2.5 mg Iron; 10.6 mg Niacin; 0.7 mg Vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg Vitamin B12; 5.1 mg Zinc; 30 mcg Selenium; 126.4 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Selenium, and Choline; and a good source of Iron.