Beef & Green Bean Bowl
- Main Ingredient: Boneless Beef Top Sirloin Steak
- Servings: 4
- 1 1 pound Boneless Beef Top Sirloin Steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1/2 1/2 cup prepared Asian-sesame dressing
- 2 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2-1/2 2-1/2 cups green beans or asparagus pieces (2-inch length)
- 1 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Hot cooked white or brown rice (optional)
- Cut steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick strips. Combine 1/4 cup dressing and garlic in medium bowl. Add beef; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add green beans and remaining 1/4 cup dressing; stir-fry 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from skillet; season with salt, as desired. Set aside.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Add 1/2 of beef to same skillet; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Return green beans and beef to skillet; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve with rice, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 216 Calories; 6 g Total Fat (2 g Saturated Fat; 2 g Monounsaturated Fat); 69 mg Cholesterol; 350 mg Sodium; 11 g Total Carbohydrate; 1.9 g Dietary Fiber; 29 g Protein; 2.4 mg Iron; 8.1 mg Niacin; 0.7 mg Vitamin B6; 1.3 mcg Vitamin B12; 5 mg Zinc; 33.5 mcg Selenium; 109.3 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Selenium, and Choline; and a good source of Iron.