Beef Kabobs With Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- Servings: 6
- 1-1/2 Pounds NatureSource® Beef Ranch Steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Medium jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Medium pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into 1-1/2 inch chunks (about 3 cups)
- 1 Medium red onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 Large red or green bell pepper, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 Teaspoons freshly grated lime peel
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
1. Cut beef steaks into 1-1/4-inch pieces. Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Remove and reserve 2 tablespoons for salsa. Add beef to remaining marinade; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
2. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Thread beef pieces onto six 10-inch metal skewers, leaving small space between pieces. Alternately thread fruit and vegetable pieces evenly onto six 10-inch metal skewers.
3. Place fruit and vegetable kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 12 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning occasionally. Remove; keep warm. Place beef kabobs in center of grid. Grill, covered, 5 to 7 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
4. Remove fruit and vegetables from skewers; coarsely chop. Combine with reserved marinade, lime peel and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Season beef with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with Pineapple Salsa.