Beef & Smoked Mozzarella Stuffed Focaccia with Pesto
- Main Ingredient: NatureSource® Boneless Beef Top Sirloin or Top Round Steak
- Servings: 4
- 1 Pound NatureSource® Boneless Beef Top Sirloin or Top Round Steak, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick or Flank Steak
- 1/4 Cup prepared basil pesto sauce, divided
- 1 Loaf (8 to 10 ounces) focaccia bread, cut horizontally in half
- 4 Ounces smoked mozzarella or provolone cheese, sliced 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 1 Medium plum tomato, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Cut steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick strips. Combine 2 tablespoons pesto and beef in medium bowl. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Remove some bread from center of cut sides of loaf if very thick, creating a pocket. Spread remaining 2 tablespoons pesto evenly over cut sides of bread; top each half evenly with cheese. Place on metal baking sheet. Bake in 350°F oven 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts.
- Meanwhile heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Using slotted spoon, place beef over bottom half of bread; top with tomatoes. Close sandwich, pressing together slightly. Cut into 4 wedges.
Nutrition information per serving: 468 Calories; 20 g Total Fat (6 g Saturated Fat; 2 g Monounsaturated Fat); 68 mg Cholesterol; 506 mg Sodium; 32 g Total Carbohydrate; 1.4 g Dietary Fiber; 39 g Protein; 3.7 mg Iron; 9.5 mg Niacin; 0.6 mg Vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg Vitamin B12; 4.9 mg Zinc; 30.4 mcg Selenium.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium.