Beef Yaka Mein
- Main Ingredient: NatureSource® Beef Ribeye Cap Steak (about 1 pound)
- Servings: 4
- 1 NatureSource® Beef Ribeye Cap Steak (about 1 pound)
- 4 teaspoons Creole Seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic
- 1 quart beef broth
- 2 cups cooked angel hair pasta
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and halved
- Hot pepper sauce, Creole Seasoning, fresh chopped mint leaves (optional)
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Season beef Ribeye Cap Steak with 2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning. Place steak in skillet; cook 17 to 18 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove from skillet; Let rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large stock pot until hot. Add onion, celery, shallot, garlic and remaining 2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning. Cook 4 to 5 minutes until all vegetables are translucent. Add stock; bring to a boil. Add pasta; cook 2 to 3 minutes until pasta is hot.
- Carve steak into thin slices. Divide soup between 4 bowls; top with steak. Place 2 egg halves in each bowl. Garnish with hot pepper sauce, creole seasoning and mint leaves, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 493 Calories; 22 g Total Fat (11 g Saturated Fat; 7 g Monounsaturated Fat); 138 mg Cholesterol; 409 mg Sodium; 21 g Total Carbohydrate; 0.9 g Dietary Fiber; 45 g Protein; 4.5 mg Iron; 16.6 mg Niacin; 1 mg Vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg Vitamin B12; 9.1 mg Zinc; 79.9 mcg Selenium; 28 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium.