Chipotle Salsa Steak
- Main Ingredient: NatureSource® Beef Top Round Steak
- Servings: 4
- 1 NatureSource® Beef top round steak, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick (1 pound)
- 1-1/2 Cups prepared chipotle salsa
- 2 Medium limes, peel grated, juiced
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Flour tortillas, warmed (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Combine salsa, lime peel and juice, and cumin in small bowl. Place beef steak in food-safe plastic bag. Pour 3/4 cup salsa marinade over steak; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or overnight. Cover and reserve remaining marinade in refrigerator for sauce.
2. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill 3/4-inch thick steak 8 to 9 minutes (1-inch thick steak 16 to 18 minutes) for medium rare doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.)
3. Meanwhile stir 3 tablespoons cilantro into reserved marinade. Carve steak into thin slices. Serve with sauce and tortillas, if desired. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Cook's Tip: To broil, place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 3/4-inch thick steak 12 to 13 minutes (1-inch thick steak 17 to 18 minutes) for medium rare doneness, turning once.