Chuckwagon Beef & Pasta Skillet
- Main Ingredient: NatureSource® Ground Beef
- Servings: 4
- 1 Pound NatureSource® Ground Beef
- 1 Small green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 Cup chopped onion
- 3/4 Teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/4 Cup unsalted beef broth
- 1 Cup uncooked mini-wagon wheel pasta or similar shape
- 1/2 Cup unsalted ketchup
- 1/4 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 Cup finely shredded reduced-fat Cheddar or Colby cheese
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef, bell pepper and onion; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Stir in broth, pasta, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic powder and onion powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until pasta is almost tender. Uncover; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until pasta is tender and sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Garnish with cheese.
Nutrition information per serving, using 93% lean ground beef: 430 Calories; 11 g Total Fat (5 g Saturated Fat; 0 g Trans Fat; 0.5 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 4.2 g Monounsaturated Fat); 85 mg Cholesterol; 660 mg Sodium; 47 g Total Carbohydrate; 1 g Dietary Fiber; 36 g Protein; 4 mg Iron; 192 mg Potassium; 7.4 mg Niacin; 0.5 mg Vitamin B6; 2.5 mcg Vitamin B12; 6.9 mg Zinc; 23.4 mcg Selenium; 83.6 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Choline.