Chunky Beef Chili
- Main Ingredient: Black Canyon® Angus Beef for Stew
- Servings: 4
- 1-1/2 Pounds Black Canyon® Angus Beef for Stew (1 To 1-1/2-Inch Pieces)
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 1 Medium Jalapeño Pepper, Minced
- 2 Cans (14-1/2 Ounces Each) Chili-Seasoned Diced Tomatoes
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Brown 1/2 of Beef; remove from stockpot. Repeat with remaining Beef. Remove Beef from stockpot. Beason with salt, as desired.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, onion and jalapeño pepper to stockpot. Cook and stir 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return beef and juices to stockpot. Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
Boneless beef shoulder, chuck arm or blade roast, cut into 1 to 1-1/2-inch pieces may be substituted for beef for stew.
Recipe can be made in a 6-quart electric pressure cooker. Browning beef, if desired. Place beef, onion, jalapeño pepper and tomatoes in pressure cooker. Close and lock pressure cooker lid. Use beef, stew or high-pressure setting on pressure cooker; program 22 minutes on pressure cooker timer. Use quick release feature to release pressure; carefully remove lid. (This recipe variation was tested in an electric pressure cooker at high altitude. Cooking at an altitude of less than 3000 feet may require slightly less cooking time. Refer to the manufacturer's instructions.)
Nutrition information per serving: 328 Calories; 15 g Total Fat (4 g Saturated Fat; 6 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 73 mg Cholesterol; 849 mg Sodium; 2 g Total Carbohydrate; 1.7 g Dietary Fiber; 27 g Protein; 3.8 mg Iron; 3.5 mg Niacin; 0.4 mg Vitamin B6; 2.3 mcg Vitamin B12; 5.8 mg Zinc; 18.3 mcg Selenium.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium.