Country Beef and Bean Stew
- Main Ingredient: NatureSource® Beef Stew Meat
- Servings: 6
- 2 pounds Beef Stew Meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (12 to 14 ounces) dried bean soup mix with seasoning packet
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato pesto sauce or spread
- Cover beans with water in large bowl. Cover and soak overnight in refrigerator. Reserve seasoning packet.
- Drain beans; rinse and pick over to remove any grit or shriveled and broken beans. Place beans, beef, broth, water and contents of seasoning packet in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 to 6 hours or on LOW 6 to 7 hours or until beans are tender and beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
- Stir in pesto; mix well. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve topped with additional pesto, if desired.
ALTERNATE COOKING METHOD:
This recipe can be made in a 6-quart electric pressure cooker. Place beans and water in pressure cooker. Close and lock pressure cooker lid. Use beef, stew or high-pressure setting on pressure cooker; program 10 minutes on pressure cooker timer. Use quick-release feature to release pressure; carefully remove lid. Add beef, seasoning and broth. Close and lock pressure cooker lid. Use beef, stew or high-pressure setting on pressure cooker; program 25 minutes on pressure cooker timer. Release pressure and carefully remove lid. Continue as directed in step 3. (This recipe variation was tested in an electric pressure cooker at high altitude. Cooking at an altitude of less than 3000 feet may require slightly less cooking time. Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.)