Greek Beef Salad
- Main Ingredient: NatureSource® beef Top Sirloin Steak
- Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 pound beef Top Sirloin Steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 8 Greek or ripe olives (optional)
- 2 pita breads, toasted, cut into wedges
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place beef Steak and 1/2 of marinade in a food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close the bag securely and marinate in the refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Cook's Tip: You may substitute beef Flank Steak for Top Sirloin Steak.Remove steak; discard marinade. Place steak on a rack in a broiler pan so the surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 9 to 12 minutes for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning once. Do not overcook. Remove; let stand 10 minutes. Carve into thin slices.
- Combine beef, lettuce, cucumber and onion in a large bowl. Add reserved marinade; toss. Sprinkle with cheese and olives. Serve with pita wedges.
Cook's Tip: To grill, place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 11 minutes (over medium heat on a preheated gas grill, covered, 8 to 13 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) , turning occasionally. Do not overcook.