Greek Meatloaf with Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce
- Main Ingredient: NatureSource® Ground Beef
- Servings: 8
- 2 Pounds NatureSource® Ground Beef
- 1 Cup soft bread crumbs
- 3/4 Cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 Large egg
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons dried Greek seasoning, divided
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup plain, low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 1/2 Cup diced cucumber
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning and salt in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape beef mixture into 10 x 4-inch loaf on rack in broiler pan. Bake in 350ºF oven 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, until instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt, cucumber and remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons Greek seasoning in medium bowl. Season with salt, as desired. Set aside.
- Let stand 10 minutes; cut into slices. Serve with cucumber-yogurt sauce.
Nutrition information per serving, using 96% lean Ground Beef: 198 Calories; 6 g Total Fat (2.7 g Saturated Fat; 0.2 g Trans Fat; 0.5 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 2.2 g Monounsaturated Fat); 102 mg Cholesterol; 247 mg Sodium; 6.3 g Total Carbohydrate; 0.4 g Dietary Fiber; 28 g Protein; 3 mg Iron; 381 mg Potassium; 5.1 mg Niacin; 0.4 mg Vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg Vitamin B12; 6.3 mg Zinc; 26.3 mcg Selenium; 104.7 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Selenium, and Choline; and a good source of Iron, and Potassium.