Greek-Seasoned T-Bone Steaks with Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- Main Ingredient: NatureSource® Beef T-Bone or Porterhouse Steaks
- Servings: 4
- 2 NatureSource® Beef T-Bone or Porterhouse Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound each)
- 1 Medium lemon
- 1 Tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 1 Medium cucumber, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into thin slices (about 2 cups)
- 2 Cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1/3 Cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Grate peel and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice from lemon. Combine Greek seasoning and lemon peel. Reserve 2 teaspoons mixture for salad. Press remaining mixture evenly onto steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 15 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine reserved 2 teaspoons seasoning mixture, lemon juice, cucumber, tomatoes and cheese in medium bowl, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Remove bones; carve steaks into slices. Season with salt, as desired. Serve beef with cucumber and tomato salad.
To broil, place steaks on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 15 to 20 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
NatureSource® Beef Strip (top loin) Steaks (1-inch thick) may be used to prepare this recipe. Grill, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Nutrition information per serving: 256 Calories; 12 g Total Fat (5 g Saturated Fat; 5 g Monounsaturated Fat); 70 mg Cholesterol; 219 mg Sodium; 5 g Total Carbohydrate; 1.7 g Dietary Fiber; 31 g Protein; 4.5 mg Iron; 10.9 mg Niacin; 0.5 mg Vitamin B6; 2.6 mcg Vitamin B12; 5.9 mg Zinc; 12.5 mcg Selenium; 112.4 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Selenium, and Choline.