Mediterranean Meatball Kabob
- Main Ingredient: Mediterranean Meatball Kabob
- Servings: 4
- pound Black Canyon® Angus Ground Beef
- 1/4 Cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 flatbreads (such as naan, lavash or pita bread)
- Chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumber, chopped red onion, chopped fresh parsley, Tzatziki sauce
- Heat oven to 400°F. Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg whites, parsley, water, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into sixteen 1-1/4-inch meatballs.
- Thread meatballs onto four 10-inch skewers. Place on rack in broiler pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in 400°F oven 18 to 20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Remove meatballs from skewers. Serve in flatbreads. Garnish with Toppings, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving, using 93% lean ground beef: 360 Calories; 13 g Total Fat (4 g Saturated Fat; 7 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 76 mg Cholesterol; 763 mg Sodium; 26 g Total Carbohydrate; 1.6 g Dietary Fiber; 33 g Protein; 5.2 mg Iron; 9.2 mg Niacin; 0.5 mg Vitamin B6; 2.3 mcg Vitamin B12; 6.8 mg Zinc; 32.3 mcg Selenium.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium.