Spicy-Sweet Steaks and Onions
- Main Ingredient: NatureSource® Beef Sirloin
- Servings: 4 servings
- 2 NatureSource® Beef Sirloin Tip Center Steaks, cut 1-inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups thinly sliced sweet onions
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot chili powder
1. Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions; cook 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Remove from skillet; set aside.
2. Combine brown sugar and chili powder; press evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks in same skillet over medium heat; cook 14 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.) Remove steaks; keep warm.
3. Return onions to skillet. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through and browned bits attached to bottom of skillet are dissolved.
4. Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with onions.
Nutrition information per serving: 241 calories; 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 73 mg cholesterol; 79 mg sodium; 16 g carbohydrate; 1.3 g fiber; 24 g protein; 4.7 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 2.8 mcg vitamin B12; 2.6 mg iron; 33.7 mcg selenium; 6.0 mg zinc
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.