Sushi-Style Beef Roll
- Main Ingredient: NatureSource® Boneless Beef Top Sirloin Steak
- Servings: 24
- 6 ounces cooked NatureSource® Beef (such as roast or steak), cut into long thin strips (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 cups leftover cooked rice
- 4 sheets nori (dried seaweed) (about 8-inch square)
- 1 cup thin strips fresh or leftover cooked vegetables (2 x 1/8-inch), such as asparagus, sugar snap peas, carrots, red bell pepper, zucchini, green beans, avocado, green onions
- 1/4 cup reduced fat or regular Asian-style dressing
- Additional Asian-style dressing, pickled ginger, wasabi paste and reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Microwave rice on HIGH in microwave-safe bowl 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring twice. Set aside.
- Center one sheet nori on bamboo sushi mat or sheet of parchment paper. Using wet hands, press 1/2 cup rice into thin layer over nori leaving 1/4-inch border around edges. Arrange 1/4 of vegetables and 1/4 of beef horizontally across the center of rice. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon dressing.
- Starting at closest edge, tightly roll up nori enclosing ingredients using mat or parchment to aid in rolling and pressing gently to compact roll. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cook's Tip: Moisten edge of nori with a small amount of water to aid with sealing nori roll, if needed.
- To serve, cut each roll crosswise into 6 to 8 slices using wet, sharp knife. Serve with Toppings, if desired. Cook's Tip: To serve as sushi-style rice bowls: Evenly layer heated rice, vegetables and beef strips into two medium shallow bowls. Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons Asian dressing. Garnish with thinly sliced nori, as desired. Serve with Toppings, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 321 Calories; 6 g Total Fat (2 g Saturated Fat; 2 g Monounsaturated Fat); 49 mg Cholesterol; 420 mg Sodium; 33 g Total Carbohydrate; 0.9 g Dietary Fiber; 31 g Protein; 2 mg Iron; 7.9 mg Niacin; 0.6 mg Vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg Vitamin B12; 5 mg Zinc; 30.5 mcg Selenium.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Iron.