- 1 sliced roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can beef broth
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 6 red potatoes, quartered
1. Preheat oven to 325° F. Use oven safe pot large enough to hold all the ingredients.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the roast, to your taste. Heat vegetable oil in pot on stovetop over high heat. Sear the roast on all sides for 60-90 seconds each.
3. Add the beef broth, thyme and enough water to come 2/3 of the way up the roast. Bring to a boil; cover and place in oven for 2 hours. Add the vegetables and cook for one additional hour.
4. Remove from oven and allow roast to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing against the grain. Serve with the vegetables and some of the cooking liquid.
Reserve leftovers for the other recipes.