Thai Beef & Vegetable Curry
- Main Ingredient: Beef tips
- Servings: N/A
- 1 lb. beef tips
- 1 lb. rice noodles
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, or salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar, use palm sugar if available
- 3 tablespoons basil leaves, chiffonade (preferably Thai basil)
1. Place rice noodles in a bowl of warm water to soak for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Open the can of coconut milk and spoon the thick part at the top into a pan. Place pan over medium to high heat, add the curry paste and sauté until fragrant (1-2 minutes). Add the beef and saute to brown.
3. Add the remaining coconut milk, fish sauce, and sugar. Bring mixture to a boil. Add the pepper, onion and eggplant. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Serve over the rice noodles with plenty of sauce. Garnish with basil. (To chiffonade basil, roll up several leaves together and thinly slice.)