Three-way Marinated Flank Steak
- Main Ingredient: NatureSource® beef Flank Steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Servings: 4
- 1 NatureSource® beef Flank Steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup prepared olive oil and vinegar vinaigrette or prepared Italian-style vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients of your choice in small bowl. Place beef Steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steak across the grain into slices.
Asian Marinade Variation: Prepare recipe as directed by adding 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce, 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger, 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar, 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds and 1-1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil to Classic Marinade mixture.
Mexican Marinade Variation: Prepare recipe as directed by adding 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt to Classic Marinade mixture.
Nutrition information per serving: 195 Calories; 6 g Total Fat (2.2 g Saturated Fat; 0.2 g Trans Fat; 0.3 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 2.8 g Monounsaturated Fat); 67 mg Cholesterol; 1,462 mg Sodium; 6 g Total Carbohydrate; 0 g Dietary Fiber; 26 g Protein; 3.2 mg Iron; 402 mg Potassium; 7.1 mg Niacin; 0.6 mg Vitamin B6; 3.5 mcg Vitamin B12; 4.5 mg Zinc; 38.5 mcg Selenium; 88.4 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Potassium, and Choline.